10 Mother's Day Gifts for a Lion Hearted Mum!
This is our run down of 10 of our lovely Mother's Day gifts, something for every Mum!
And if anyone deserves one of these Mother's Day gifts...or indeed a medal, it's my mum...
I have a vivid memory of me, as a small, blonde haired child, lying with my face buried in my duvet, chubby arms thrown over head. The high pitch blood-curdling screams that I forced out until my breath ran out had left me red faced and sliced through the thin walls of our terrace house leaving the hairs on my neighbour’s arms standing on end.
I grew tired and quietly whimpered to myself, heart heavy with the deep well of my sorrow.
After a time my mother came in to my room. She gathered me in her arms, and gently rocked me back and forth as she whispered “There there, you are allll right, it’s okay, ssh ssh sssssh”. I felt warm and safe.
With tears still glistening on my cheeks, I looked into my mum’s eyes and asked, hopefully, “Now can I have the crisps AND the biscuit?”
My mum. Heart of a Lion. She never gave in, I never did get crisps and a biscuit…and I think she definitely deserves that medal (or at least a card) and a day to commemorate her flippin’ strength and brilliance…
So roll on Mother’s Day.
Here are a our Mother's Day gift ideas for your lion-hearted mother...
1. A Darling Clementine make up bag or print![caption id="attachment_225" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Darling Clementine - Make Up Bag[/caption]
2. A Suki Tea Teapot, available in a range of colours. Perfect tea every time![caption id="attachment_249" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Suki Teapot[/caption]
3. Pair the teapot up with a bag of Suki Tea's award winning loose leaf tea and you have a perfect gift for any mammy. Seriously good tea.[caption id="attachment_240" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Suki - Chamomile Loose Leaf Tea[/caption]
4. A cool retro Gillian Kyle printed tote bag. She also has a range of tea towels and coasters to match![caption id="attachment_226" align="aligncenter" width="465"] Gillian Kyle - Foil Teacake Shopper Tote Bag[/caption]
5. A Pop star Tea towel by Bold and Noble would brighten up the chore of drying the dishes! They have a range of iconic pop star tea towels and prints.[caption id="attachment_227" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Bold and Noble - Madonna Tea towel[/caption]
6. A set of Northern Irish inspired coasters by Jeff Meredith. Perfect for the Norn Irish mammy![caption id="attachment_228" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Jeff Meredith - Here's Me Wha Coaster[/caption]
7. A very cute ceramic Memo pad from Luckies who have a whole heap of other cool gift ideas![caption id="attachment_233" align="aligncenter" width="650"] Luckies - Elephant Memo[/caption]
8. Emily McDowell's Notepads are perfect for keeping track of mum's ever spiralling to do list.[caption id="attachment_238" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Emily McDowell - Stuff to Do Notepad[/caption]
9. Jennifer Zetts lovely illustrations and tender quotes will put a big grin on your mum's face.[caption id="attachment_234" align="aligncenter" width="427"] Jennifer Zetts - You are the Best thing since Sliced Bread - Print[/caption]
10. An Evan Robertson graphic print. He has a whole range of inspiring prints with beautiful and clever literary quotes - perfect for a mum who loves to bury her nose in a good book.[caption id="attachment_239" align="aligncenter" width="365"] Evan Robertson - Coffee - Print[/caption]
Hopefully these Mother's Day Gifts have given you a few ideas! x